Experienced systems engineer with over 10 years of experience providing enterprise client infrastructure solution design, development, and integration. Skilled at complex problem solving methods in large-scale, global corporate IT environments. Motivated to improve end-user IT experiences by minimizing end-user downtime, reducing issues within mission critical corporate systems, and streamlining IT processes through both custom and “common off the shelf” automation technologies. Exceptional skills in creating solutions that increase both operational efficiencies and quality of end-user experience. Qualified administrator across multiple platforms including Active Directory, Group Policy, Virtualization, SCCM, and image/software deployment in an ITIL supported environment. Excellent interpersonal, communication, and project planning skills
Summary of Qualifications
- Extensive experience in design, installation and administration of Microsoft System Configuration Manager 2007-2012
- Full application lifecycle management: Develop, implement and enforce packaging standards, practices and procedures. Managing the global distribution and implementation of in-house applications and third party software, including any upgrades or new releases.
- Operating system deployment leveraging SCCM and MDT to create and maintain a single hardware and software independent Windows image allowing for full customization capability for each business unit while still conforming to a standardized central IT framework.
- Windows security and 3rd party software updates deployed with WSUS, SCCM, and SCUP (System Center Updates Publisher)
- Proficient in Microsoft scripting technologies and components – PowerShell, VBScript, WMI, ADSI, XML, HTA, HTML.
- Group Policy and Active Directory object management
- Experience monitoring global infrastructure and applications with System Center Operations Manager 2012
- Automation specialist utilizing System Center Orchestrator and custom scripts to eliminate human error and increase consistency by automate repeatable tasks and processes
- Sharepoint, Infopath, Nintex, and custom web services used for workflow automation
- VMware vCenter 5.1 administration including the installation, configuration and troubleshooting of ESXi hosts vSphere vCenter, and vSphere Client
- VMware View – Virtual Desktop Infrastructure design, configure, and support
Star Management Services, New York, NY
Senior Application Engineer (Aug 2011 – Present)
Provide automation and client management solutions along with strategic planning and project leadership over systems migration, configuration, administration, upgrades and troubleshooting initiatives.
- Architect, Design and Implementation of System Center 2012: Configuration Manager, Operations Manager, Orchestrator, and Service Manager.
- Global Administrator and team lead for corporate SCCM 2012 environment with full responsibly for OS deployment, software delivery, windows and 3rd party security updates, and end point protection.
- User account lifecycle management – Provisioning and decommission of AD, Exchange, Lync, and HR accounts. Guest/test account workflow process, stale account management, HR database to AD synchronization
- VM Self-service provisioning – Infopath form front end hosted on SharePoint, Nintex workflow for approval and initializing an Orchestrator runbook to provision the VM leveraging custom PowerShell scripts and scorch integrated packs
- Engineered solution with PowerCLI and Orchestrator to reclaim unused vSphere resources
- Experienced with maintaining a highly complex Infrastructure spanning multiple domains and offices worldwide
- VMware View VDI – designed and maintained 2 VDI environments in Europe and Asia.
- Installed and managed several auditing and client management solutions, Quest Active Administrator auditing tool, Druva client backup, Kace 1000 for Mac security updates and software deployment
J.H. Cohn LLP, Roseland, NJ
Desktop Engineer (April 2007 – Aug 2011)
Complete client infrastructure responsibility with regards to core image, software packages, updates, deployments, security, and systems integration. Developed Windows, SharePoint, and Web applications and services with VB.NET.
- SCCM 2007 administration, support and maintain an SCCM 2007 infrastructure and environment consisting of 1100 clients including over ten remote offices nationwide
- Designed custom software distribution packages and advertisements to be distributed via SCCM 2007
- Responsible for creation and maintenance of all client group policy objects including security settings, operating system configuration, and software deployment.
- Implemented BitLocker and BitLocker ToGo for fixed and removable disk encryption eliminating the need for additional 3rd party solutions
- Main contact for escalated desktop issues, informed support groups of any potential issues or concerns. Provide 24/7 on-call support as needed for all high priority systems or issues.
BMW of North America, Woodcliff Lake, NJ
Systems Integration Specialist (August 2004 – April 2007)
Desktop Support Team Lead (March 2001 – Aug 2004)
Worked on a team to increase office automation and user self-service options to help reduce call center volume and increase end-user productivity. Improved operational processes by implementing measurable standards where possible.
- Worked as a team developer to design, code, test, and rollout a standard image and software deployment solution for PC builds. The XML based, data driven solution was hardware and software independent and allowed for complete customization to the office level. It was deployed across more than 100,000 clients and with more than 300 builds and re-builds per day.
- SMS 2003 Administration, support and maintenance of SMS 2003 infrastructure and environment consisting of 1800 clients including over ten remote offices.
- Windows Updates- Performed the monthly Microsoft security patching with a custom scripted solution, followed by SMS
- Windows Installer (MSI) – Repackaging of COTS (Common off the Shelf) and in-house developed applications into Windows Installer based installs. Extensive experience in the entire systems development life cycle. Experience creating additional scripts and custom actions for difficult and complex application packages. Developing and maintaining installation standards and documentation for desktop applications.
Education and Certifications
MMS Attendee 2009-2013
VMware Certified Professional 5 – Data Center Virtualization
Greenbelt Certified, Six Sigma
Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP)
20412 Configuring Advanced Windows Server 2012 Services
10175 Microsoft SharePoint 2010 Application Development
VMware View: Install, Configure, Manage [V5.0]
VMware vSphere: Install, Configure, Manage [V5.0]
Diploma, Data Center Support, Chubb Institute